Here’s related articles and pages I’ve discovered worth reading along with my commentary on some occasions.
- This Guy Tracks Everything About Himself And Puts It Up Online For Everyone To See | TechCrunch
More details on this amazing site. A must visit!
- A Plan To Untangle Our Digital Lives After We're Gone : All Tech Considered : NPR
Learn about a new law that would let relatives access the social media accounts of the deceased.
- What will your digital legacy be? | LawBlacks Blog
Read this to plan the process for creating a will for your digital assets.
- A P R I L Z E R O
Amazing personal analytics site with a gorgeous UI. a definite must see. If you visit the journal you can also learn about how it was built.
- 6 1/2 Years Of Selfies Show Her Life With Mental Illness
Pretty amazing lifelogging timelapse video worth watching.
- Healthcare Has Missed the Point of Google Fit | HL7 Standards
- Sony SmartBand review: a fitness tracker that goes beyond fitness
- The Next Fitbits Uncovered: Heart-Rate Sensors, GPS Info, Atmospheric Tracking, And Smartphone Notifications | TechCrunch
- Soylent: What Happened When I Stopped Eating For 2 Weeks | The Blog of Author Tim Ferriss
- Apple – iPhone 5s – You’re more powerful than you think
Apple’s first ad promoting self tracking with multiple quantified self apps.
- BBC News – Google sets up 'right to be forgotten' form after EU ruling
Ruling in the EU sets up the right for people to force Google to remove personal data from searches.
- Samsung's Simband hardware and healthcare platform aim to track your every move | The Verge
- QSEU14 Breakout Session: Data Futures
Blog post on Digital Legacy from the Quantified Self Europe conference & a video presentation I did previously on the subject at the LA meetup.
- For Fitness Bands, Slick Marketing but Suspect Results – NYTimes.com
These are all valid points.
- With App Acquisition, Facebook Enters Fitness Tracking Market – Digits – WSJ
Another major activity tracking company is acquired: Facebook acquires the very popular Moves app which uses mobile phones for activity tracking.
- Social media & your digital legacy – leaving your virtual property in your will – YouTube
Great intro video on the importance of planning for personal online & digital media in our wills from Australian law firm Slater Gordon.
- Nike reportedly abandons the FuelBand and lays off its hardware division (updated) | The Verge
My guess is that Apple was partly behind this. Since they’re a partner, Nike probably decided to abandon this and not compete with Apple’s iWatch.
- The Quantified Other: Nest And Fitbit Chase A Lucrative Side Business
Fitbit & Nest are selling user data for a profit. Consumers stand to benefit by lowered costs on healthcare and utility bills. Fitbit is working with corporate wellness programs who in turn are trying …
- Meet ThinkUp: Your personal social media guru – The Next Web
Want to derive some meaning from your social media activity? Check out this service.
- The Best Fitness Tracker | The Wirecutter
- Perfectly Age Your Face Through 80 Years Based on a Single Photograph
- Adactio: Journal—The tragedy of the commons
On Flickr Commons future, the reckless actions of the Brooklyn Museum, and the threat to digital preservation.
- The Eternal Life of Your Data – Innovation Insights
Contemplate this and then take action.
- Alternate Reality Game Will Turn You Into a Fitness Maniac | Co.Design | business design
Nice App! Need stretch goal for Android.
- Lifelogging: The Most Miserable, Self-Aware 30 Days I've Ever Spent
- How Lifelogging Transforms Us All : Changing habits, memories, and …
- Who owns a person’s digital and online data when they die? – Away For A Bit
- How I track my life — Buster Benson — Medium
- The Next Big Health App Needs to Do More Than Just Track Our Numbers | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
- Tracking System Could Sound the Alarm of Health Changes in Older People, If They Are Willing to Wear It | MIT Technology Review
Great new use for an activity tracker. Monitoring the health of seniors who live at home.