Segregate your Lifestream with the Aggregator Theme for WordPress
I have seen several themes that take a slightly different approach to Lifestreaming where instead of simply providing a reverse chronological output of all the items from your stream, they segregate the output. I quite like this approach because many times if you post infrequently to some services they get lost quickly, never to be found again. With a segregation method you can highlight specific feeds regardless of the last time you published to them.
Aggregator provides this functionality and while it’s not a theme specifically designed for Lifestreaming, it can easily be adapted for it. It provides a display approach very similar to Alltop or Popurls. It’s powered by Simplepie so you know its feed handling is going to be solid. Lastly this is a free theme so it’s definitely worth checking out.
Here are some of the features it provides
- Widget based layout – add as many feeds as you want using one single widget again and again.
- Specify post count on each feed.
- While aggregating feeds for image / video site, you have an option to display the feeds as images or post titles.
- Aggregate feeds of any kind – blog posts, flickr images, video or audio
- On hover of the feed news titles, further snippet of the article is displayed
- 2 detailed colorschemes
- Drop-down menu
- Normal blog, single post and page layouts, comments are also well designed.
Also be sure to check out Livetwit which is another neat theme specifically built for a Twitter user or search results output.