Here’s related articles and pages I’ve discovered worth reading along with my commentary on some occasions.
- Apple demands widow get court order to access dead husband's password – Business – CBC News
- Article: FitBit is the top app in the App Store, and that could be a bad sign for the Apple Watch
- Plan Your Digital Legacy, and Update Often – The New York Times
Great tips. Are you prepared?
- How do we protect our digital legacy after death? – BBC News
- 2014: My Year in Review — 2014 in Review — Medium
A nice year in review stream with visualizations, personal observations, data, and highlights.
- The best smartwatch or fitness band in Q1 2015 | Troy Angrignon
Great comparison matrix of activity trackers broken down by different activity types to help you pick the right one.
- 50 Apps to Track Everything in your Life | Visual.ly
- Protecting your afterlife in the digital realm – CBS News
- Wilkinson – Afterglow – YouTube
A music video that is composed of providing the #Lifelogging analytics behind a relationship #NSFW
- HUMANS 2.0 – YouTube
This Video shows the quantified self movement benefits that could be realized at a massive scale.
- Jawbone's new Up3 is its most advanced fitness tracker ever | The Verge
Now with heart rate, skin temp, and galvanic skin response sensors and a whole lot more.
- Here’s What Happens to Your Data After You Die
Great tips for preparing.
- Exclusive: Fitbit Charge and Charge HR Images and Full Features List
Leaked information on the new bands from Fitbit.
- The best fitness tracker you can buy | The Verge
The Verge chooses the Jawbone Up24. I recommend you also consider the Garmin Vivofit which is waterproof and has a one year battery life as an alternative which I’ve also reviewed.
- Robin Williams’s Death, Reflected in Social Media – NYTimes.com
A story on how the social media obituary has evolved by observing the Robin Williams tributes.
- This Guy Tracks Everything About Himself And Puts It Up Online For Everyone To See | TechCrunch
More details on this amazing site. A must visit!
- A Plan To Untangle Our Digital Lives After We're Gone : All Tech Considered : NPR
Learn about a new law that would let relatives access the social media accounts of the deceased.
- What will your digital legacy be? | LawBlacks Blog
Read this to plan the process for creating a will for your digital assets.
- A P R I L Z E R O
Amazing personal analytics site with a gorgeous UI. a definite must see. If you visit the journal you can also learn about how it was built.
- 6 1/2 Years Of Selfies Show Her Life With Mental Illness
Pretty amazing lifelogging timelapse video worth watching.
- Healthcare Has Missed the Point of Google Fit | HL7 Standards
- Sony SmartBand review: a fitness tracker that goes beyond fitness
- The Next Fitbits Uncovered: Heart-Rate Sensors, GPS Info, Atmospheric Tracking, And Smartphone Notifications | TechCrunch
- Soylent: What Happened When I Stopped Eating For 2 Weeks | The Blog of Author Tim Ferriss
- Apple – iPhone 5s – You’re more powerful than you think
Apple’s first ad promoting self tracking with multiple quantified self apps.
- BBC News – Google sets up 'right to be forgotten' form after EU ruling
Ruling in the EU sets up the right for people to force Google to remove personal data from searches.
- Samsung's Simband hardware and healthcare platform aim to track your every move | The Verge
- QSEU14 Breakout Session: Data Futures
Blog post on Digital Legacy from the Quantified Self Europe conference & a video presentation I did previously on the subject at the LA meetup.
- For Fitness Bands, Slick Marketing but Suspect Results – NYTimes.com
These are all valid points.
- With App Acquisition, Facebook Enters Fitness Tracking Market – Digits – WSJ
Another major activity tracking company is acquired: Facebook acquires the very popular Moves app which uses mobile phones for activity tracking.