There’s an interesting new Lifestreaming software coming called Kakuteru. Dominiek ter Heide speaks of how he was inspired by a Yongfook presentation of SweetCron which prompted him to create this new open source Ruby on Rails development project that sounds like the Lifestreaming equivalent of Frankenstein but in a good way.
From what I can tell it will:
- Use a FriendFeed.com user account as the backend to provide all the Lifestream data
- It will use Disqus to allow commenting of each stream item
- It will provide manual addition of stream items
- Each stream item will also provide several social bookmarking tools including Addthis.com
- Links to profile pages on social media sites are pulled from FriendFeed
But that’s not all. It’s also aiming to take Lifetreaming to the next level with some Semantic features that include:
- Autotagging of tweets and articles using Zemanta.com
- Built-in content recommendation engine (simple right now)
- Conforming to many Web Standards, Microformats and Nanoformats
- Pinging the Blogosphere through Technorati and many others
Dominiek is also looking for contributors so if you are so inclined to look under the hood of this Ruby on Rails project, the source code repository is available here.